PSMtv Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a load of.....

Go down

What a load of..... Empty What a load of.....

Post by geedee 1/12/2012, 10:02 pm

So in the latest release of GameInformer (Issue 226, February 2012), Scott Phillips, Volition's senior designer, was interviewed and answered questions regarding Saints Row: The Third.
"We wanted to provide as much freedom as we could by allowing the player to have multiple missions available through most of the game while also maintaining the more focused storyline and progression. It was tricky, and as with everything, I think I would've done some things differently now that it's done, but overall I'm very happy with the improvements we've made over Saints Row 2. I think the experience is more fun, more intense, and more cohesive than any past Saints Row game, and focusing on a single story played a big part in that."

I can't believe he would even say that this game was anywhere over Saints Row 2 as an improvement. I agree that the graphics were highly improved, but yet again, improving graphics does not equate to a better game. This highly irritates me that they would even think that Saints Row The Third allowed more freedom with "multiple missions" yet the story progressed as linear as possibly. They even stated it themselves. It was a single storyline. Why a single storyline when it involves three separate gangs? I liked the fact that there were multiple storylines in Saints Row and Saints Row 2.

If I find anything else while reading this issue, I'll definitely be making more posts regarding this topic.
geedee
geedee
Admin
Admin

Street Cred. : 3

http://www.twitch.tv/psmtv

Back to top Go down

What a load of..... Empty Re: What a load of.....

Post by geedee 2/9/2012, 4:32 pm

In this month's issue of GameInformer (issue 227), the writers and reviewers wrote that their reviews are opinions and should be taken as such. They are not writing reviews to please everyone (taken loosely, of course), but rather, they are writing to express their opinions.

I was reading the Q&A portion of the magazine when I realized that it's true. Although they rate games, not everyone will agree on their ratings. Complaints had been sent in regarding how low GameInformer rated Skyrim and how high they rated Saints Row: The Third.

These reviews are solely based on one person's entertainment value (or lack thereof) and should be retained in our thoughts as such.

Nonetheless, I highly agree with the fact that these are reviews from one person's perspective.
We, as gamers, should always find our own opinion.
Sure, we can take pointers about whether or not this game should be played, but in the end, we have the last judgement to make ourselves.
geedee
geedee
Admin
Admin

Street Cred. : 3

http://www.twitch.tv/psmtv

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum