PSMtv Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[REVIEW] Dragon Age: Origins

Go down

[REVIEW] Dragon Age: Origins Empty [REVIEW] Dragon Age: Origins

Post by geedee 11/17/2011, 5:48 am

Set in the background of a medieval-like time period, you are a chosen [insert class] destined to fight against the Darkspawn. Wielding whatever weapon you have, you choose what path to first take by deciding which order you partake in quests. The main idea is to unite all of the land against the Darkspawn. Along the way, you can recruit dwarves, elves, werewolves, templars, mages, or golems. Despite the multiple missions, the game is thought to be "linear" by some. Either way, this game has its own mechanics that allow for it to shine.

The controls are easy to get used to. When selecting your radial menu, it pauses the game to allow for strategies or even switching between characters to utilize them to their full potential. Despite the long and tedious missions, the game allows you to delve into different worlds of races. What I mean by this is how elves form clans, dwarves have caste systems, and humans are completely arbitrary in their own world. This game can be listed as RPG-like where you have levels, select skills, and choose talents as you progress through the game. Players have to find better armor, kill drakes or dragons to collect scales, and even plan out how many attribute points should be added to strength in order for your party to wield all of these pieces.

The lack of action and slow gameplay can be a giant turn-off to a lot of players. Unless you have plenty of hours to sit still, read, and immerse yourself into the game, then it would be hard for one to find this exciting. This game has a ton of sidequests for the type of people that like playing long games. I, for one, have not purchased the DLC's yet or The Awakening, but I plan on doing so. This game has its quirks that appeal to people looking for a challenge on Nightmare. The friendly fire can be quite irritating, and some missions just seem impossible, but it's worth the challenge.

I wouldn't list this game very high on the scale, but it's passable. I suggest at least trying it before passing judgement.
geedee
geedee
Admin
Admin

Street Cred. : 3

http://www.twitch.tv/psmtv

Back to top Go down